Monday, March 19, 2007

Wrapped up like a douche, you know I rolled her in the night

I enjoy browsing through kissthisguy.com, the Archive of Misheard Lyrics. There are some pretty good stories of the way people hear songs.

One that I have been constantly mixing up lately is a song on one of my son's CDs. He loves the For the Kids CD, and can listen to it over and over and over. One of his favourite songs on the disc is Canadian super-couple Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

At one point, Raine is singing away to the star and says "I thank you for your tiny spark." I always hear "I thank you for your Chinese spark." Even though I know this is wrong, I still hear it each time.

The first time it happened, my thought was "man, the Chinese have really cornered the market on everything now, haven't they? First bootleg DVDs and now the cosmos!"

It's a good thing I was wrong about that one. I mean, if the stars really were Chinese, every time you look through a telescope, you would just have a craving for more star gazing in a couple of hours. You'd never get any sleep!

Good night.

Lloyd

No comments: