Sunday, April 1, 2007

I Need Your Help!

Hopefully some of you will read this today, because it is kind of urgent. Not like "I'm dying and need to fulfill my fantasy of having sex with a blind woman" kind of urgent, but kind of urgent.

I'm trying to get into the Guinness Book of records. It's been a long-time dream of mine. Since I've always enjoyed cooking, and especially cooking soups, I want to have the record for cooking the world's biggest batch of cream of asparagus soup (current record = 200 gallons). I've managed to get some local businesses to donate most of the food I need (thanks Gordon Food Service and Port Hope Asparagus Farms!) , but I need one more company to come through for me.

The Guinness Book of Records rules for this kind of thing state that I am allowed to use ready-made soup in my batch, comprising up to 10% of the total volume of soup I am claiming for the record. So, since I am hoping to make 210 gallons, I need 21 gallons of ready-made asparagus soup.

Campbells Soup Company makes a great cream of asparagus soup, so I approached them. The local sales rep, Peter, said that he would only consider it if I could prove to him that I would be promoting the record attempt sufficiently. He just told me this morning that he needs proof by noon today (Eastern Time Zone) in order to get his gratis order processed in time to get the soup to me by Wednesday (which is when I have space booked in the kitchen at the Delta Chelsea Hotel - Wednesday is their slowest day this week, so the Chef said I could use his stoves and counters for a few hours in the afternoon).

What he wants me to do is to get at least 100 people to e-mail him this morning to say that they will be watching either the live webcast video or the archived podcast video I will be recording when I make the soup.

SO - if you could please help me out here it would mean a lot to me. It would be so cool to have my name in the Guinness Book of Records for something as odd as making the world's biggest batch of cream of asparagus soup.

Please e-mail peter.soupman@gmail.com (peter.soupman@gmail.com) this morning to let him know you'll be supporting my record attempt! And feel free to tell as many people as possible - forward this in your e-mail, post it as a note on Facebook, or as a bulletin on MySpace or put it in your blog or whatever. Just please help!

Thanks!

Llove,

Lloyd (future world record holder)

1 comment:

Brooks Coker said...

Alrighty. I emailed him!