Saturday, May 29, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Hi to everyone who helped to make last night's Lloyd's Laugh Marathon comedy fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society a great success!
Thanks so much to all of you for everything you did to help, including buying tickets, buying raffle tickets and of course, laughing! I hope you all agree that it was a great show with some amazing comedians. I know the performers all told me that they had a great time, so I hope the audience all felt the same way.
For me, it was a fantastic night because not only did I get to perform on a show with some of my favourite comics, but I also added $1,000 to my fundraising total, including ticket sales, raffle/50-50 proceeds, and donations. I can't thank you all enough for helping to make that happen. I am now at approximately 80% of my goal of raising at least $3,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada's Team in Training and I'm excited about bringing in the next 20% between now and my half-marathon in Ottawa on May 30. You can follow my progress at http://TinyURL.com/RunLloyd.
There are a few people and organizations I need to single out to thank for their support:
- The comics: if you are looking for more info about any of the hilarious performers from last night, here are their websites:
- Tony Krolo (http://www.tonykrolo.com/),
- Andrew Johnston (http://www.funnybusiness.ca/roster.php?id=140 or http://www.myspace.com/notandrewjohnston),
- Boyd Banks (on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/louiseandboyd and on IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0052103/),
- Allyson Smith (http://www.asmithcomedy.com/, )
- Riz (http://www.theriz.biz/ or http://www.cbc.ca/laughoutloud/),
- Brian Lazanik (http://www.brianlazanik.com/)
- The Gladstone Hotel for donating the space last night and for providing such great service. Coolest venue in Toronto or what? Yes! http://www.gladstonehotel.com/
- Mary Jane Turcotte for designing a cool poster and postcard for the show. If you loved what Mary Jane did (of course you do) and want to hire her for your company or event, you can reach her at mjturcotte at rogers dot com. Mary Jane also donated a framed print of one of her beautiful photographs for our raffle. You can see more of her photography at http://creative2photography.blogspot.com/
- GFX Inc for donating printing of postcards to help promote the show. Postcards are a great way to promote your business or event and GFX has reasonable rates and awesome service. Check them out at http://www.gfxinc.com/
- Extreme Fitness for donating two pairs of VIP Passes for our raffle and for sponsoring Team in Training. Every Saturday for our group runs they let us use their Dunfield Club at Yonge and Eglinton for pre-run clinics and post-run stretching/showering. It's a beautiful club! If you are like me and need some help dropping those last few pregnancy pounds or whatever, you can find the nearest Extreme fitness at http://www.extremefitness.ca/
- Absolute Comedy Club for donating a six-pack of tickets for our raffle. Check out what hilarious comics are performing at Absolute in Toronto or Ottawa at http://www.absolutecomedy.ca/
- Very funny Canadian comedians Fraser Young (http://www.youngfraser.com/ ) and Daryl Makk (http://www.daddymakk.com/ ) for donating CDs for the raffle, plus another thanks to Allyson Smith for donating a copy of her hilarious DVD, "All Sales Are Final" (once again, you can find Allyson online at http://www.asmithcomedy.com/ )
- Our friend Susan Boulanger for donating the Spring Rolls gift card for the raffle
- The volunteers who came out to help with tickets at the door and selling raffle tickets:
- my lovely wife Jodi (thanks to Jodi also for being a good sport about the fact that I talk about her in my act),
- my TNT mentor Kate and her friend Rae (additional thanks to Kate for being so cool about the fact that when I messed up on the raffle and she graciously offered to share her raffle prize with someone else, my explanation to the audience opened her up for some ribbing from the MC - thanks for taking the jabs like a pro Kate and sorry!),
- and very funny local comedian Elaine Dandy (you can follow Elaine online at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44163502942 ).
- Team in Training for donating some cool TNT gear for the raffle. You can learn more about Team in Training at http://www.teamintraining.ca/